Suppression lists allow you to exclude a defined list of recipients from your email campaigns. This can be helpful when sending an email to your subscription lists for instance but excluding a known list of contacts.
CUSTOMIZING THE SUPPRESSION LISTS VIEW
You can customize the columns of data shown in this view as well.
• Created date
• Modified date
Suppression Lists can be searched by title and filtered by status
Folders can be created to organize the Lists by clicking the filters button and edit filters link. The view can also be sorted by clicking any column header.
ADDING NEW SUPPRESSION LIST
• Click add new Suppression list button
• Provide a name and description
• Select a csv file from your computer
• Select Folder if desired
• Click upload
IMPORT FIELD MAPPING
Left column contains database fields available and sample data from your csv on the right. Only email address can be used for mapping. Match your csv columns to the database fields from the drop down. Columns can be ignored or excluded from the import by selecting ignore. If your csv file includes a header row select the do not include header fields. Once all fields are mapped click import. A progress bar will indicate the status of your upload. Once complete the size column with be updated with the count of the valid emails addresses imported. Suppression lists can be deleted by clicking the red X.
SUPPRESSION LIST ACTIONS
• Briefcase Icon - Organize your lists into folders
• Edit Icon - Search for specific email addresses or Upload Additions to a list\
• Download Icon - Export the contacts from your list to a CSV file
• Delete Icon - Clicking the Red X will allow you to delete the list
Note: deleting a list does not remove the contact record from your subscriber database.