While contact lists provide a static list of recipients, the Query Builder offers the ability to segment your list dynamically based on the information from the database. By defining criteria within your query, contacts that meet those criteria will be identified immediately before your email is deployed to that query to ensure that the you are emailing the recipients that meet your criteria.
CUSTOMIZING THE QUERIES VIEW
You can customize the columns of data shown in this view as well. Columns available
- Created date
Queries can be searched by title and filtered by user
Folders can be created to organize the queries by clicking the filters button and edit filters link. The view can be sorted by clicking any column header
QUERIES ACTION COLUMN
- Briefcase icon - allows you to move queries into folders
- Duplicate Icon – Allows you to duplicate a query
- Recalculate Icon – Allows you to recalculate the query
*Note – Queries are automatically recalculated at deployment time but you can use the recalculate to view your query size.
- Delete Icon – Allows you to delete your queries
CREATE A NEW QUERY
- Click Create A Query button
- Enter a title for your query
- Select query parameters
- Select your desired criteria
The list of criteria can be filtered by typing part of the name you are looking for
- Once selected the criteria will be added to your query
- Multiple criteria can be added
- Each criteria has specific parameters that can be selected based on led type
- And or Or operators can be defined
- Criteria can be grouped by added parenthesis
- In addition criteria can be sorted by dragging the criteria up or down
You can calculate the size of the query. Once you click calculate size the query will be process and will return the number of contacts that meet the defined criteria.
Click save query when finished.